I would love to have access to an offline version of Fiat’s Service Manuals for the 2017 Fiat 124 Spider, but until I come across one*, I have sourced a FREE bundle of offline manuals for it’s sister car – the 2016 Mazda MX-5, which is a great alternative as it covers pretty much everything. The same manuals are also available online.**
The extra M66M-D Transmission Overhaul Manual won’t be applicable however, as Fiat wisely decided to use MX-5’s previous generation transmission (NC) which, although heavier, accommodates more torque than the ND tranny.
This isn’t just pdf versions of the books either. There is a fully searchable MySql database of the hyperlinked manual’s contents. Interactive wiring diagrams, service highlights, a workshop manual and a bodyshop manual are all included and is available at https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B7jy8…xport=download.
- The file has been scanned for viruses by the contributor.
- It only works in Windows and it installed on my Windows 10 PC just fine.
- It downloads as a WinRar zip file.
- Once opened all these files appear.
- The executable is the icon with the Mazda logo.
- When you click on it the first time, the PC might ask you permission to run as local Host – allow it to do that.
- Create a shortcut on your desktop to the executable (or Pin it to Start), so that it will be easy to access in the future.
- You may have to click on Reload once or twice to get the initial page to load.
- For a sample, here are 2 sections with information on the CMU and the TAU.
* [UPDATE 2/15/2017]
Mopar/Tech Authority has released a CD version of the 124 Spider Service Manual that hopefully installs similarly to Mazda’s version, but I question whether it is truly ready for publication as there should not be “WORK IN PROGRESS” statements throughout a released document, especially when complementary updates are not included in the purchase!
Tim H. has just advised me that Mopar/Tech Authority has announced that after having been made aware that the CD wasn’t yet ready for distribution back in late February and pulling it from their site, they have made the completed edition available once again, with the same part # 81-270-17084-CD. Thank you Tim.
** Online Miata Manuals as an alternate reference
2016 Mazda MX-5 Service Manuals are available online without a subscription, and in most cases, are also very helpful.
The MX-5 Owner’s Manual that I use as a resource quite a bit, is also available online in HTML format here. It tends to have more details, than the Fiat version.